Emotional Abuse against women: It's our culture..!!!

We were old friends..!! She always shared her sorrows and smiles with me.
I remember, She was just 23, completed her master and was thinking about to explore the new possibilities for her career and education. But the same year she got married, she was happy too.
Her husband was a kind heart person, well settled.  Last month, it was her 5th anniversary, I asked, how are you girl?

She replied: " Happy :) ".

Of course she was, but there was part of her life, which was very disgraceful and mean.  During last 4 year, her mother-in-law never liked her. She was psychological abused every day, blaming , comparing for dowry, family status and more.
Many times I asked her, should we talk to your husband, but every time she said : " no, why to disturb him ,he is very good with me, I don't want to spoil that relation too".
But last month, when there was a argue in between, the mother-in-law slapped her. 

I asked her " " darling should we talk to family ?"
She replied : " no its my family matter, I will handle "

I was feeling helpless and very much worried about her... this is not a story of a single girl.

No wonder, Emotional/psychological abuse has been gaining more and more recognition in recent years as an incredibly common form of domestic violence  within the home throughout India. Psychological abuse can erode a woman’s sense of self-worth and can be incredibly harmful to overall mental and physical well being. And right this, is happening to her.

But the worst part is, she avoid discussing this part of her life, I know she can manage. No doubt....!! But isn't it the responsibility of her husband too ? her brother too ? her family too? Who just said " it's okay, its a part of family, not a big deal".
Come on man, slapping is not a part of family or any culture. Abusing is not a part of family or culture. And you know the worst part, I just write this shit here, which is of no use to help her.

May god bless her..!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respect Your Feelings

Flirtationship: Less than relationship , more than friendship

An Awesome Human Being