Indian Culture & Values: THE FAKE ONE.

I called her & asked " how are you".
She replied :  " am fine, you tell. What's going on?".
I can listen her awful voice, that depressing one. She was a topper in graduation and did her master with distinct first division.
But her life had changed now...!!  She is a mother  of cute baby now. And a wife in Indian family.

I used to have much proud for my country, my culture. But from last few months My society is losing it.
They said , " When you marry In India, you marry the whole family. "
Yes  True, a girl is married to whole family. She have to please everyone, husband, mother/father in law, sister/brother in law etc.
And this was also my pride, that so much love in a family. A new girl to the family mix up with  family and start caring for everyone. Love all around :).
But I was wrong, here, a girl marry to whole family in a one sided agreement. Where she has to follow to tradition/rules of new family, has to take care to take care for all. And in return just keep, please don't expect. You are just a daughter in law in family, typical daughter in law.

Yes, my friend about whom I was talking, mother of cute baby. She is also doing good job in her in laws family, I am not saying she is the perfect one or the best. But she is fare enough, to be a good daughter in law. But the things are not in favor, she is a member of family, still she even didn't aware about any activity, any function, any celebration inn family. Like on the last moments, she got those surprises. And trust me , no one will like  those surprises. 

Emotional Abuse my last article, I talked about same friend.  
And Irony of the situation, her in laws family called out her brother and complained about her behaviour. And in the complaint, out great Indian concepts :(, " a girl should be remain silent in  in-laws, even if she was slapped or something, what's a big deal. In our time, the wife was beaten every day, at least 4-5 days in a week. Girl should remain in her boundaries. She should respect all". And the mother in law continued to her brother ,  " you can teach her lesson"
Brother " Yes tell me what can I do".
Mother in law , " ask her , we ( brother, mother, father) don't belong to you until you will not do good in in-laws".
Come on, are you kidding me ? She is also disturb, she also need someone whom she can told about her situation.  She is also disturbed due to all this bullshit.

 No doubt, she would had made some mistakes, but imagine " the husband is out of city and mother in law , father in law and sister in law, targeting a single girl", who is just 28 and who is doing all well whatever she could do for her family. A child should be taught, so that he/she will not repeat the mistake".
Even on the small issues, she had to listen for weeks. She had to listen abusive things about her mother. 

In last article, I told about the slapping incident. When the girl run into her room and closed the door, the mother in law said : " go , do suicide. We don't care, we will fight in court ".
Should the mother in law expect for respect in return , when she is abusing her mother, abusing the girl..!!

I don't know, why I am writing this, but I am really worried about her. Really worried.

After these many incidents, I don't have much respect for my culture, my elder and my values. All are fake. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respect Your Feelings

Flirtationship: Less than relationship , more than friendship

An Awesome Human Being